Director of Digital Design
New York, NY
Universal Standard is seeking a Director of Digital Design to shape the future of our brand. You’ll help set the creative vision for the team, guide us in the flawless execution of original, visually compelling and effective customer-focused designs for Universal Standard.
You are a champion of design thinking, are able to bring clear and frictionless solutions to a variety of design challenges. You inspire the creation of digital products and experiences that people respond to, engage with and care about! You enjoy thinking of business cases from a design perspective, establishing web and mobile layouts while showcasing and developing our brand aesthetic.
Our ideal Director of Design has strong interpersonal skills, rich experience in e-commerce, and a hands-on attitude (you enjoy, rolling up your sleeves to get the work done). If you are passionate about creating stunning, customer-focused experiences, and impacting an industry-disrupting start-up, we want to talk with you.
What You'll Do:
- Guide and manage the creative process from concept to completion across all platforms, desktop, mobile, tablet, social, emails, and offline
- Conceptualize and execute innovative solutions driven by business strategy and user/audience insight
- Work with key stakeholders to identify priorities, and translate marketing/business objectives into clear creative/visual strategies
- Lead the development and maintenance of a holistic design approach within brand guidelines
- Build, mentor and grow a design team
- Bring ideas to the table, advocate for them and drive a vision forward
Who You Are:
- Experience in doing graphic design for other modern fashion brands or e-commerce brand is preferred
- A portfolio that showcases a solid approach to user-centered design, critical thinking and a strong brand aesthetic
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with Shopify
- Highly collaborative, with the ability to partner with multiple departments and senior leadership
- Desire to change the apparel industry
- 8+ years experience