New York, NY
The Frontend Developer will be critical in improving and expanding our e-commerce offerings, including the development of our online store, and the realization of design / marketing initiatives. You will work closely with our Head of Technology to solve problems (both day-to-day and big picture) and develop solutions to support our design, data-science, marketing, retail, and customer experience teams. Our ideal teammate is driven, dependable, knowledge-hungry, and would code all day and night given the chance. This role is best suited for someone who wants to join a close-knit, fast-paced, e-commerce retail company working with a wide variety of modern tools and technology.
What You'll Do:
- Work with Technical Lead to help architect, develop, test and deploy new components & site features
- Collaborate with the Creative Team to translate visual designs into responsive front end code
- Work with our Content Team to ensure content is consistent with our digital style guide
- Assist the Marketing Teams to create and test HTML emails
- Work with Marketing and Data Science teams to ensure data integrity for analytics
- Assist with the integration / on-boarding of new technologies and applications
Who You Are:
- 3-4 years experience working in a professional web-development environment
- Expert knowledge of HTML5 and CSS
- Experience with CSS pre / post processors. Scss and PostCSS.
- Proficient with best practices in responsive design.
- Production experience with either React/Redux or VueJS/Vuex and Webpack
- Fundamental understanding of Shopify and its API / Application ecosystem
- Experience with Shopify’s Liquid templating language
- Comfortable communicating with APIs / RESTful services
- At home on the command line
- Diligent in version control
- Can work and stay well-organized between a variety of projects