Senior SEO Specialist
LOCATION: NEW YORK/GREATER SEATTLE AREA
Universal Standard is looking for an ambitious, strategic and hands-on Senior SEO Specialist with at least 5 years experience to join our growing team. The ideal candidate should be a proven self-starter who has a strong understanding and passion for all aspects of SEO. This role will be very hands on with SEO tools, technical SEO, and content, helping drive key projects on our roadmap and responsible for Organic Traffic Segment growth and other important KPIs. In addition, the ideal candidate will utilize a combination of on-page and off-page techniques, including link-building, social media strategy, viral marketing, metadata sculpting, site speed optimization, content strategy, information architecture, and more.
- Lead all SEO projects such as ongoing SEO assessments and audits, SEO measurement/reporting, SEO-related tasks to support and enhance the publishing workflow, keyword research and recommendations, ongoing monitoring and reporting on crawl stats, errors, rankings, etc.
- Develop reporting for SEO that demonstrates the effectiveness of the team's SEO efforts and illustrates KPIs for key initiatives.
- Work with content teams to ensure on-page, off-page and technical SEO best practices to improve site performance, rankings, authority and quality are being implemented.
- Work with our social media and PR teams to help grow our citations and other important off-site signals.
- Conduct competitive analysis to learn and share new possible strategies and ideas.
- Perform ongoing keyword research to inform content strategy, recommendations, and execution to optimize existing content and identify new opportunities.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Search Engine Optimization.
- Extensive understanding of SEO principles, best practices, and industry trends.
- Proven success in link-building and viral strategies.
- A deep understanding of mobile strategy and how it relates to SEO
- High proficiency in SEO analytics, technical SEO, testing and optimization using: Google Search Console, Google Analytics, Omniture, ScreamingFrog, SEM Rush, AHrefs, MajesticSEO and others.
- The ability to work with back-end SEO elements such as .htaccess, robots.txt, metadata, site speed optimization, and related skills.
- The ability to deploy an effective local and long-tail search strategy
- A solid grasp of how blogging, press releases, social media, and related strategies go hand-in-hand with SEO.
- Experience in building inbound organic search traffic and improving SERPs
- A background in creating reports showing web analytics data and site evaluations.
- ROI driven and metrics focused.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Supplementary skills: PHP, UX, IA, CRO, SEM, Content Strategy, Social Media.
- GAIQ (Google Analytics Individual Qualification) Certified
- Google Adwords Certified
- MarketMotive SEO Master Certification
- SEMPO: Advanced SEO Certification