Head of People & Culture
Hybrid, New York, NY
Universal Standard is erasing the line between "us" and "them" by leveling the fashion field and creating unprecedented access for all of US. We set out to create unprecedented access, make size irrelevant, represent all of US, as we are - and establish a new normal for future generations. Today we’re the world’s most inclusive fashion brand offering revolutionary inclusivity with every product in our collection in sizes 00-40. As our Head of People & Culture, you will lead the charge in ensuring that our employees have as exceptional of an experience as our customers do. You truly believe that creating a great culture is an ongoing process and enjoy finding innovative ways to increase employee engagement in order to foster a high performing culture. You are not afraid to take risks, solicit feedback and iterate in order to best support Universal Standard’s business and growth goals.
What You'll Do:
- Own relationships with key operations partners. This includes warehouse 3PL management and contract negotiations, carrier partnership management and negotiation, freight forwarder/contract trucking relationship management and negotiations. Should have RFP’ed and recruited one of these types of partners in the past and would be comfortable initiating and changing a relationship with a major ops partner for greater efficiency if necessary.
- Own the full talent acquisition cycle with a focus on building a diverse and inclusive team. Develop and execute best practices for hiring and talent management to ensure a smooth internal experience and a best in class candidate experience.
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the latest trends in human resources programming and make recommendations that are aligned with business priorities.
- Oversee employee development through learning and development practices that drive a high-performance culture and growth mindset.
- Manage the ongoing goals of Universal Standards Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments, and effectively integrate those commitments through all people initiatives.
- Monitor and ensure Universal Standard’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices.
- Partner with leadership to ensure culture evolves and is always aligned to business goals.
Who You Are:
- Minimum 6+ years of Human Resources experience as an HR Business Partner or in Talent Acquisition.
- At least 2 years of experience with sourcing/recruiting qualified candidates to successfully fill open positions in a competitive recruitment landscape.
- See problems as opportunities and are proactive in making recommendations for changes and improvements.
- Thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Strategic as well as execution oriented as this is a “hands on” position that supports all levels of the organization.
- Proven success establishing trusted partnerships by exercising sound judgment, being approachable and tailoring content/communication to the different audiences.
- Demonstrated experience applying a creative approach and growth mindset to problem solving.