We started Universal Standard because size had become the dividing line determining who had the privilege and freedom to dress with quality and style. That had to change, so we changed it. Starting with the premise that clothes should look and feel good, we created a line of modern essentials, with a chic, downtown but classic aesthetic - giving women a new standard in style and experience. Come join our ever-growing team.
Virtual Showroom Stylist
Location: Seattle/Bothell, WA
Universal Standard is seeking an amazing sales professional to serve as our Virtual Showroom Stylist. Universal Standard’s virtual showroom is an innovative concept that allows consumers to get the US styling experience from anywhere. Individuals on a personal computer or mobile device from anywhere in the world can conduct a video chat with our virtual stylist in order to see our entire collection, get styling tips, place orders and more. This individual excels being in front of a video camera, has amazing communication skills, and has a strong track record in surpassing sales targets and creating sales strategies. You will be expected to reach and surpass ambitious monthly sales targets through customer interaction and service at our by appointment only virtual showroom.
This is a role for a best in class fashion sales person that is always willing to go the extra mile and is capable of thinking outside the box in creating effective sales strategies. You will also curate a compelling customer experience through brand education, one-on-one styling virtual appointments, and establish lasting connections with customers. You will work as part of a creative team that really knows how to pull in the same direction.
What You’ll Do:
- Source, coordinate and manage all virtual showroom appointments.
- Lead all customer correspondence, appointment setting and customer follow-up in connection with virtual showroom appointments.
- Lead the one-on-one virtual showroom appointment by providing individualized styling and fit advice, modeling the product, fielding questions and transacting sales with the goal of providing a great customer experience.
- Help with merchandising and inventory management of the virtual showroom.
- Be the eyes and ears – report back on improvements towards optimizing sales and the customer experience.
- Assist in Bothell-based projects as needed to support the Customer Service, Social Media and Operations’ teams.
- Create a personal styling experience that provides individual attention and engagement.
- Communicate trends, support brand messaging, and inspire the customer. Serve as an inspiration and set` a strong example for elevated service and styling.
- Is prepared to go to any necessary lengths to make the customer experience wonderful.
The Skills You’ll Need:
- 2+ years experience in a fast-paced apparel environment.
- Extremely tech savvy.
- Excels in front of a camera and enjoys being live on video.
- Has Impeccable style.
- Strong work ethic, intellectual curiosity, and commitment to continuous improvement.
- Autonomous, self-managed and resourceful.
- Eagerness to learn and ability to juggle multiple tasks while quickly adapting to new situations.
- Understand how the showroom impacts business and the customer experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong assessment and decision-making skills when it comes to customer service.
Customer Experience Associate - Social Media
Location: Bothell, WA
If you are someone who would be willing to trek 10 miles in the knee-high snow and pay $100 to overnight a $15 tank top to a waiting customer, you’re the right person for this job...
Universal Standard is seeking the most customer-centric person that ever existed. A reliable and extremely fast-working individual with excellent communication and problem-solving skills to join a fast-paced, growing, e-commerce retail company.
What You’ll Do:
- Deliver above-and-beyond customer service through phone, email, chat and social media.
- Maintain records of customer responses and recommend improvements based on customer feedback.
- Manage a queue and influx of customer inquiries by responding to customers and resolving questions, comments, and concerns that arise through multiple channels (email, message, chat, text and phone).
- Advocate on behalf of the customer to ensure a consistent and valuable experience.
- Collaborate across Customer Experience, Operations, Marketing and Product teams.
- Communicate various updates directly to customers on a daily basis.
The Skills You’ll Need:
- 1+ years of retail-based e-commerce industry customer service experience preferred.
- Experience with CX and Shipping platforms preferred (Kustomer, Zendesk, Shipstation).
- High Proficiency in Google Suite (Docs, Sheets), Gmail, and Web Navigation.
- Strong prioritization, organizational, and follow up skills.
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills and the ability to compose appropriate customer responses quickly.