Director of Finance
New York, NY
Universal Standard is looking for a Director of Finance to develop, execute and oversee the company's ongoing financial operations. The successful candidate will have proven experience in executing best practices, strategic planning and analysis, accounting operations, and financial management.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and manage ongoing budgeting, forecasting, financial modeling, and reporting processes.
- Lead process for working capital facilities, fundraising and strategic partnerships.
- Manage annual audits and quarterly reviews by preparing schedules and producing supporting documentation.
- Oversee the company’s accounting function including payables, receivables, and taxes.
- Lead the communication and reporting to Universal Standard leadership and board regarding the company’s financial performance.
- Partner with Leadership and the People team on year-end processes including compensation reviews.
- Support ongoing and ad hoc requests for financial data and analysis of key business metrics.
- Oversee the implementation and management of accounting / billing systems and controls.
- Manage relationships with Universal Standard accounting, finance, banking, and insurance partners.
Who You Are:
- 8-10 years of experience in a related field
- CPA strongly preferred
- Progressive experience in financial planning and analysis and/or accounting
- Superb analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Comfortable being flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Experience in corporate finance, M&A, or other high-growth, entrepreneurial environments a plus